New Home Buyers
- Work with a Real Estate professional.
- Prior to shopping for a home get pre-approved for your loan from Mitch Cochran.
- Verify the cost of taxes and insurance before signing a contract.
- Find out what you can afford, not just what you qualify for.
- Check for criminal predators at www.fdle.state.fl.us.
- Get referrals for home inspectors and insurance companies from your mortgage professional.
- Check the school districts in your area.
- Drive through the neighborhood at different times of day.
- Ask questions until you are 100% comfortable with the process.
- Build a level of trust with the professionals you are working with.
- Change your spending habits or credit profile after application (buy a car, furniture, etc.).
- Quit or change your job.
- Focus on interest or payment amounts only. Consider the "big picture."
- Take advice from non-industry professionals.
- Negotiate a "For Sale By Owner" without a Real Estate Professional.
- Buy more home than you can afford.
- Go it alone.